Web of Learning
Supporting the Synod
A primary responsibility of the Centre for Theology & Ministry is to resource, facilitate and encourage a rich and accessible ‘web of learning’ across the synod, linking and partnering with congregations, presbyteries, agencies, networks and those of other traditions.
The web has at its conceptual centre the individual or community for whom the resources are available. One of our key tasks is to ensure that regional access to learning is possible for people such as:
- a candidate training for the ordained ministry + a children’s ministry worker
- a young adult exercising leadership
- a council of elders striving to be faithful.
- online learning opportunities
- communities of people who are keen to lead and participate in educational ministry and shared ministry teams as learning opportunities to explore ministry and discipleship
- ways of building a ‘mindset’ and enhancing motivation for learning to encourage faith development and sharing among congregations
- learning opportunities that value a variety of levels and abilities in learning and learning environments and reflect wider community understandings of contemporary education, such as life-long learning.
As well as online learning, a significant part of our resourcing takes place in the regions and presbyteries of the synod, through locally based workshops, regional conferences and contributions to presbytery events.
We delight in such partnerships and the many other ecumenical activities and opportunities being realised.