The foundation of Children & Families Ministry activity has continued to be the provision of consulting, advocacy, resourcing and training for individual leaders (including ministers, pastors and lay preachers), church councils, clusters of congregations, presbyteries, synod staff and those directly involved in ministry with children and their families.
Some particular aspects to highlight include…
- Growing Messy Churches across the Synod
- Contributing to broader CTM-activity, including Living Leadership
- Establishing of the annual Generate (intergenerational ministry) Conference
- Implementing the Graduate Certificate in Children & Families Ministry award
- Resourcing via presence at Presbytery-in–Council gatherings across the Synod
- Continuing the annual Stories of Childhood (Playgroup/Pre-school) Conference
- Facilitating awareness around Safe Church and the Victorian Child Safe Standards
- Developing and distributing Engage Together intergenerational worship resources
- Partnering with each Presbytery in the introduction of regional Re:Generations events
- Providing support for the introduction of the Here to Stay framework for lifelong discipleship
- Regularly distributing the Monthly Children & Families Ministry Update to in excess of 5,000 people
- On-going commitment to ecumenical engagement eg. through the Victorian Children’s Ministry Network and Victorian Council of Christian Education
For more information on the above or any aspect of ministry with children and their families, please email email@example.com.