In recent years, in the context of growing ecological awareness, biblical scholars have been working to move beyond human-focused perspectives and read the Bible with a deliberate sympathy for the wider Earth community. In this full-day webinar, we will hear from scholars around the country about reading the Bible through “ecological eyes” and will practise applying such lenses to scripture.
The program will include a mix of 15 minute presentations, plenaries, and workshops to practice applying the various ecological lenses:
• Setting the Context – Jason John (Sydney)
• Introduction to Method – Anthony Rees (Sydney)
• Genesis – George Browning (Canberra)
• Isaiah – Monica Melanchthon (Melbourne)
• Luke – Anne Elvey (Melbourne)
• John – Bill Loader (Perth)
• Romans – Vicky Balabanski (Adelaide)
• Summation – Clive Pearson (Sydney)
Locations: you are invited to participate at the Centre for Theology and Ministry (Parkville, Melbourne), join a hub in each state, or organise a small group in your local area to join in. It will also be possible to connect in as an individual, but we recommend coming along to enjoy the benefits of face to face interaction.
Cost: Donation. Morning tea and afternoon tea provided. BYO lunch – or purchase onsite from Sage+Grace café.