Workshop Facilitators: Terrence Corkin & Julia Kuhn Wallace, authors of
“The Church Guide for Making Decisions Together”
- Resource leaders to understand the different types of conflict
- Provide resources that assist a constructive response to conflict
- Raise awareness to cross cultural considerations when addressing conflict
- Help leaders to understand their preferred response to conflict
- Provide a framework for conflict transformation
- Offer practical advice on a specific conflict situation that participants face
Outcomes for participants
By the end of the workshop participants will …
- understand the different types of conflict and how to make a constructive response in different contexts
- have increased awareness of cross cultural considerations when addressing conflict
- recognise their preferred response to conflict and how it affects their ability to be effectively involved
- have access to a framework for conflict transformation
- have worked on a conflict
- Presentation of material on:
the drivers of conflic
the 7 stages of conflic
how to constructively respond in a variety of situations
- Interactive engagement on real life situations with a particular focus on how leaders can constructively engage with conflict
- Through use of worksheets, questions, dialogue and workshopping a practical example of conflict, empower leaders to confidently engage with confli
ABOUT THE FACILITATORS
Julia is a layperson in the United Methodist Church who has served on the staff of the (Global) General Board of Discipleship based in Nashville Tennessee.
Her areas of expertise include: mediating disputes, assessing Congregational vitality, transforming conflict, and leading strategic change and visioning.
Terence was the UCA Assembly General Secretary for 15 years. Since then he has provided leadership, support and teaching in consensus discernment and has led seminars and facilitated meetings around the world.
Terence is a nationally accredited mediator and has worked in conflicted congregations seeking to
resolve their conflict.
FEEDBACK ON WORKSHOPS
Rev Sandy Boyce, Pilgrim Uniting Church (Adelaide); and President of the DIAKONIA World Federation Terence is diligent in his preparation to tailor it for a particular context. The input is highly relevant, and the approach he uses is engaging and creative. It provides ideas and tools that local church leaders can use straight away.
Rev Dr John Squires, Director of Education and Formation Uniting Church, Western Australia
The seminar was very helpful … and his interaction with participants was consistently positive. The
seminar has helped a number of church leaders to be more deliberate in the way they lead church
9:30am – 1:00pm
Friday, 1 Mar 2019
The Centre for Theology & Ministry
29 College Cres., Parkville VIC 3052
Ann Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9340 8815