Designed to excel, inspired to educate
Located in Parkville, Victoria, the Uniting Church in Australia’s Centre for Theology & Ministry is staffed by a dedicated team able to tailor event, function and general facility hire to fit your needs.
Housed in a William Boag & Associates-designed building, the Centre is set in the grounds of, but separate from, Ormond College. Opened in 2007, the Centre comprises a two-storey administration and education facility, the beautifully restored Wyselaskie Auditorium, various break-out and open spaces, a privately operated café, and the three-storied Dalton McCaughey Library – home to the most comprehensive theological library collection in Australia.
The building is an amalgam of an 1880s gothic sandstone building, and stunning, light-filled contemporary spaces that include modern AV-equipped lecture rooms, a chapel and gallery that further combine to offer a variety of settings for the many different events such as training seminars, conferences, concerts and meetings, that may be hosted at the Centre.
Located just three kilometres from Melbourne CBD and within the Princes Park and Melbourne University precinct, the Centre is easy to locate, making it ideal for your next event, workshop or function. There are also plenty of public transport options servicing the area as well as on-street meter parking. The Centre for Theology & Ministry is a first-rate theological education facility that lends itself to a multitude of uses and we’d be only too pleased to talk to you about the Centre’s facilities for hire.
The building offers the following spaces:
- Two large seminar rooms fully equipped with AV, including interactive whiteboards. Each room seats up to 35 people and 80 when used as one single large room
- Two smaller seminar or meeting rooms, fully equipped with AV
- A smaller tutorial room, the Catherine Duncan Room, is a great space for smaller meetings, tutorials or a break-out space
- The Pearson Reading Room is another small space suited for a tutorial or reflections
- A 30-seat chapel which can be booked for worship or prayer purposes in conjunction with an event
- The 120-seat Wyselaskie Auditorium with hospitality foyers either side
- A fully-equipped kitchen including an oven, commercial dishwasher and fridges
- A coffee and tea area that can be furnished with tables and seats on request or left vacant for standing room refreshments
- A courtyard with barbecue and outdoor furniture suited as a breakout/lunch space for a small group
The Centre for Theology & Ministry’s spaces are available to hire seven days a week. We offer both not-for-profit and corporate rates with the option of custom or BYO catering.
Our staff will endeavour to make your half day/full day/full week event a valuable experience so please call or email the Centre to discuss your space requirements, arrange an inspection (during business hours), check if your preferred dates are available, or to make a booking.
- Downlod the Booking Form including terms and conditions here